It is highly recommended that you follow these instructions when using your magnetic wrap. Doing so will prevent moisture and dirt build-up between surfaces that could potentially cause damage. We will not be held liable for any damage caused by misuse, abuse, or failure to follow the instructions listed below.
- We recommend waxing your vehicle and allowing the wax to cure for two days before applying the magnet.
- Do not affix to freshly painted surfaces. Surfaces must be properly cured; this includes paints and clear coats. It is strongly recommended that magnetic materials not be applied to freshly painted surfaces for a minimum of 90 days.
To avoid moisture and dirt build-up between surfaces which could potentially lead to damage on your vehicle’s surface, we recommend the following:
- Remove and clean your magnet periodically.
- Clean both the magnet surface and the metallic surface before installation. Use a mild detergent. Wipe with a soft cloth and allow to dry fully before affixing the magnetic material.
- Apply only to smooth, flat, or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surface. Do not place over protrusions (molding, decals, pin striping, etc.) or concave areas. Ensure there are no air pockets.
- The magnet must be flat with no curls. Curled magnets will not attach properly to metallic surfaces.
- If you place the magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reaffix. Lift at sides, not at corners, to remove. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may scratch the paint.
- Exposure to cold weather will make the magnet more brittle, so use caution when handling during winter.
- Do NOT use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and repainted surfaces.